Satellite events can be advertised on the FENS Forum 2014 website by their title, dates, city of venue and information on the organisers website. Satellites must be associated temporally and geographically with the FENS Forum 2014, but must not overlap with the dates of the Forum neither with the main topics of the FENS Forum 2014 programme. The organisation and all costs incurred are under the full responsibility of the organisers of the satellite event.
Acceptance of the proposal is subject to evaluation and decision by the chairman of the Programme Committee, within a few days after submission of the proposal.
Proposals should be submitted via an online application form with the following information:
- Title of the Satellite event
- Contact Person (name, address, telephone number, E-mail address)
- Website announcing the Satellite event programme
- Short description, topic and purpose (500 words)
- Full programme schedule with speakers, speaker affiliations, titles of presentation and time table
Please note that application without an established scientific programme will not be considered.
- A fee of € 200 is required for announcement on the FENS Forum 2014 website and later in the E-Programme and the printed Programme book. The € 200 fee is covering € 150 listing fee on the FENS Forum 2014 website, E-Programme and the printed Programme book and € 50 administrative charges. An additional late fee of € 100 will be charged for Satellite events proposals submitted after October 31, 2013.
- Dates: Satellite event dates must be closely linked to those of the Forum, but must not overlap.
- Location: Satellite events should be held at locations that can be reached from the venue of the Forum preferably within 1 hour but under no circumstances more than 2 hours of overland transportation.
- Themes: The programme for Satellite events should not overlap with the core topics of the established Programme of the Forum.
- Organisation and Budget: Totally independent of FENS. The organisation and the costs incurred are under the full responsibility of the organisers.
- Satellite events are announced by FENS only after approval by the chairman of the Programme Committee and processing of the fee payment.
- Satellite organisers agree to advertise the FENS Forum 2014 on the Satellite website including the FENS logo and the link to the FENS Forum 2014 website.
- Satellite organisers agree to communicate the attendance list for their satellite event, including names and email. This list will be used for FENS mailings and statistics. FENS will not distribute this list for commercial purposes.
For the Satellite events organisers to advertise the FENS Forum 2014 on their website, please proceed with the following:
1) in the head section of the web page, the following HTML code should be inserted in the home page of your website: <meta name="keywords" content="FENS Forum, neuroscience conference, neuroscience meeting, FENS Forum 2014" />
2) On the home page, the proper label announcing the satellite event should contain:
"A satellite event of the FENS Forum 2014, Milan" with a link to http://www.fens.org/2014.
A logo for the FENS Forum is available to be inserted next to this line, whose size can be adapted to fit the lay-out of satellite website.
Download the logo
For any enquiries, please contact us.
Satellite organisers may contact the FENS Professional congress organiser (Kenes International) for advice on and/or management of the event. However the organisation of the satellite event is fully under the organisers responsibility.
The call for submission of Satellite events will be open from May 1, 2013 until October 31, 2013.
The submission of the Satellite event proposal after October 31, 2013 and till the final acceptance deadline on April 15, 2014 is due to € 100 of additional administrative charges.