Organisations, societies, institutions, patient groups, project groups, companies, and other stakeholders are invited to organise their own networking events during the FENS Forum. The topics of these events should not conflict with the core scientific programme of the Forum and can take place only after the last Plenary Lecture of the day.
Organisers should preferably choose the MiCo Congress Centre to hold their networking event. To hold a networking event outside of the Congress Centre, see the list of other recommended venues provided below. Please note that organisation of the networking event outside of the congress center cannot be administrated by FENS and is under full responsibility of its organisers.
Networking events are subject to approval by the chairman of the FENS Programme Committee and will only be announced in the FENS Forum 2014 programme when all conditions have been met.
1. Proposals should be submitted via the online Submission form with the following information:
- Name of the organisation, institute or company (if FENS Committee, specify the name of the Committee)
- Name of the contact person
- E-mail and address of the contact person
- Title of the networking event for the announcement
- Preferred date (Sunday - Tuesday July 6-8, always after 18:45 and till 22:30 if held at the Congress Centre)
- Brief description and purpose (to be published in the announcement)
2. The evaluation and approval of proposed networking event by the Programme Committee chair will be based on the information provided in the Application file. Please fill it in and send it via the Submission form.
For networking event organised at MiCo Congress Centre, the information on expected group size and room set up style must be provided in the
Application file, as well as request for additional AV and other equipment or services. For details please see Optional items below.
If the networking event is held in another place than the Congress Centre, contact the relevant venue.
See Other recommended venues.
Announcement on the FENS Forum website, E-Programme and printed programme:
- Commercial Organisation – 200 €
- Non profit Organisation – 100 €
Room rental fee*:
The rental fees below are only applicable for the networking events held at the Congress Centre
- Commercial Organisation – 700 €
- Non profit Organisation – 500 €
*Meeting space for networking events is offered free of charge for all FENS member societies, FENS committees and FENS partner organisations.
The rooms allocated for the networking events in the Congress Centre include following standard set-up:
Tables, chairs, projector, screen and microphone.
Internet connection, additional AV equipment and/or catering services at the Congress Centre should be applied for and can be provided at an additional fee.
For catering, see Catering packages available.
- Networking events should be proposed on behalf of organisations/institutions (not individuals)
- Submitted proposal are pending approval by the chairman of the FENS Programme Committee chair
- The topic of the networking event should not compete with the scientific programme of the Forum
- Networking events must be held as from 18:45. When organised at the MiCo Congress Centre, networking events can be held till 22:30 at the latest.
- The networking events organised outside of the Congress Centre are under full responsibility of the organiser
The call for submission of networking events will be open from June 10, 2013 until October 31, 2013.
The submission of the event after October 31, 2013 and till the final acceptance deadline on March 31, 2014 will be charged an additional administrative fee of 150 €.
Files for download:
- Application file
- Catering packages
- Other recommended venues list